In This Section

New Performance Space Opens

Class of 1959 Music Center Addition opens with two-day festival of performances.

November 23, 2016
Play VideoConcert in the Class of 1959 Music Center Addition

Exeter's Concert Choir performing in "The Bowld."

The opening of the Class of 1959 Music Center Addition in the fall of 2016 marked a significant leap forward for Exeter’s growing music program, which engages half the student body in music lessons and academic courses while supporting a variety of instrumental and choral groups and providing numerous performance opportunities.

Students and faculty have been taking advantage of the state-of-the-art recording studio; extra teaching and ensemble spaces and updated practice rooms; the new music, media and technology center; and “The Bowld,” a beautiful 250-seat performance space. With these expansions to the Forrestal-Bowld Music Center, the Music Department is well-equipped to accommodate the needs of its students — and enrich the life of the Exeter community through rich and diverse musical offerings — for years to come.    

To celebrate its opening, members of the class of 1959 joined donors, faculty, staff and students for a two-day event in October, featuring performances by the Academy’s Concert Band, Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Concert Choir, choruses and Chamber Orchestra.

 

Class of 1959 Music Center Addition

 

"The Bowld" performance space in the new Class of 1959 Music Building Addition. Photo courtesy of Dave Jamrog.